Scobie McIntosh is an industry leader in providing a one-stop shop for servicing vending machines, refrigerated coolers and espresso coffee machines, bakery & catering equipment throughout the UK.
We recognise that our operations have an effect on the local, regional and global environment. As a consequence of this the company is committed to continual improvements in environmental performance. Through the use of an Environmental Management System we will:-
- Reduce our consumption of resources used in our operation.
- Manage our waste streams through elimination, re-use and recycling and by using refurbished and recycled products and materials wherever possible.
- Educate staff to work in an environmentally responsible manner and to play a part in developing new ideas and initiatives.
- Reduce, where possible, discharges and emissions harmful to the environment (including but not limited to ozone depleting substances, greenhouse gases and vehicle emissions).
- Employ good housekeeping practices in all areas of the business.
- Encourage, and influence where possible, suppliers to develop environmental policies and provide environmentally friendly goods and services.
- Supporting and involving, when suitable, external organisations who provide environmental protection.
- We will set environmental targets and goals designed to improve our environmental performance.
These procedures will be initiated by and have total support of the directors, managers and staff of Scobie McIntosh.
All Scobie McIntosh supplied equipment can be filled with Fairtrade products. As we do not bind our customers in with ingredients contracts, we allow people the opportunity to do their part and select fair-trade products. The Fairtrade mark is an independent consumer label which appears on products as an assurance that disadvantaged producers in the developing world are getting a better financial deal. For more information please visit www.fairtrade.org.uk
Scobie McIntosh continue to source products from manufacturers whose products reduce the amount of energy used, which reduces the impact on the environment, and in turn, customers save money. Features which make the products you purchase greener are:
- LED lighting fitted as standard
- Energy saving software significantly reduces energy consumption
- Where possible products are made from recyclable materials CarbonNeutral products which provide the opportunity to offset emissions of the machine for a 5 year period
Scobie McIntosh are a major supplier of N&W products and have held the ISO14001 certification since 1997. The Group’s continued research and development activities are directed to the reduction of environmental impact. N&W adopt a variety of specialised production and recycling methods to help protect the environment, which include: pre-painted metal sheet for cabinets manufactured by ISO 14001 certified suppliers.